調伏五蓋的練習


由於 David 的推薦,參加無著比丘指導的 Satipaṭṭhāna Meditation,學習四念處的修行方法。

在法念處,練習觀察五蓋時,我的觀察及記錄。報告於每週的 group meeting 中的 check-in session。

For daily activities, it seems restlessness is the default mode of my mind.
When I am not in mindfulness state, I fall into restlessness, occupied by various thoughts.
When I devote to some kind of work, study or conversation, my mind tends to focus on that thing and lose mindfulness.

During formal meditation, for several days, I try to examine each hindrances one by one continuously, see whether each one is present or not, however, in this way, my mind tends to get lost very quickly, and restlessness occupied my mind most of the time.

Today I try to keep in the state of embodied awareness, this time, there seems little hindrance arising.

When I keep in embodied awareness, sometimes noticing the white noises coming through the ears. Just noticing.
Most often noticing my breath. Just noticing.
Sometimes the soar of the legs arises. Just noticing. And then come back to notice my breath.

Without restlessness on various thoughts, I feel a more peaceful mind.
And notice the subtle joy of mindfulness more often.